Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take a walk in my closed toe shoes...my mismatched size closed toe shoes that is...

So today before work I thought it would be a good idea to go buy some flat closed toe shoes. For 2 reasons. 1--I dont own any--2 my pants were too short for my hooker heels.
So I head over to Macy's and don't really see anything I like...and at this point I am starting to freak out, because I am wearing flip flops--and I have to be at work in like an hour...so I finally find a pair on the clearance rack--BCBG flats were $85--now $25...YAY a deal! Or so I thought.
So I put them both on...walk around the store...they feel great! I buy them--and rush off to work--leaving enough time for me to get lost--hey...at least I am honest.
I get to work, and I am in the parking lot scarfing down some Starbucks (for those of you who are curious: venti iced red eye with non-fat and 2 splenda) and throw my shoes on...I jump out of my car and I am headed into work...and the more and more I walk in these new shoes...the more and more my left foot is hurting (which is weird...cause my right foot usually hurts--because I broke it riding my beach cruiser drunk--and it healed wrong...) so I kinda stop to check out whats going on...and low and behold...the Left foot is a 7.5...
Mind you my right foot is an 8...so what do I do? Keep the bad shoes on...I am not about to pull out flip flops on day 2. I doubt that would win me any brownie points with the big bosses.
All in all, not a great start to day 2.
Day 3 is going to be spent with me having a conversation with the folks at Macy's. And hopefully buying some new comfortable closed toe shoes!
P.S. pics to come of the shoes...

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is too cute! I'm sorry to hear about your bad shoe day! I've always seen them check both shoes before putting them in the box at the counter! That's unfortunate! I bet if you went back, even after wearing them, they would give you the other shoe! Miss you, oxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe this blag about your misadventures will one day become famous... like the movie.

    but i don't think seinfeld would ever diss you like julia child dissed that girl!

    ReplyDelete