Monday, August 31, 2009

Looks Like She Made It Afterall


Well--I've made it to the big (midwestern) city! My roommate Francine is so nice and our place is AMAZING! Wonderful views of the city--a beautiful kitchen--and heated parking--what's not to love?!
I am keeping busy exploring the city--as winter is fast aproaching--it dipped down into the 40s on Saturday night--YIKES! Francine say's winter gets so cold--your nose hairs hurt--WTF? My new bosses definitely left that part out!

Saturday was spent at the farmers market--lunch at Tejas in 50th and France (a cute shopping district in the suburbs) and shopping at some local malls.

Sunday was a nice day and I think I finally caught up on my sleep--I organized my mess of a closet--I dont have furniture yet--so for the time being I am living out of space bags--you know those bags that you cram jam full of junk and then take the vacuum to--yeah they kinda work.

Sunday night we went to the Minnesota State Fair--WOW is all I have to say! You can get just about any kind of food on a stick! Seriously--and talk about people watching!

So I totally ate some naughty fair food--and it was totally worth it!
I had the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups--and if the fair ever comes your way--and you have the chance to partake--DO IT!
In addition to the bad-for-you food we saw some baby animals--Did you know that 200 baby animals will be born during the 2 week fair? It's the truth--I read it in a pamphlet.

Well tomorrow is my first day at the new job--so look for my blog--I am sure it's going to be eventful!

No comments:

Post a Comment